How Our Process Works
We created a process that reduces anxiety and saves time.
We made a thoughtful process.
Step 1 - Configure your package, then hire us
Everything is done online – and we’re available to answer any questions.
- Choose Thoughtful Wills for One or Two people,
- Add Coma Docs, the Probate-Avoidance Trust, and/or Assurance Service (if you’d like), and
- Make payment.
Pat yourself on the back for taking the first steps to creating your Will!
Step 2 - Use the Pre-Interview Worksheet
Right away, we send you two things:
- Pre-Interview Worksheet, and
- Link to your online Interview.
Just so you know, there’s no rush to begin.
We want you to feel confident throughout this process – that’s why we created the Pre-Interview Worksheet. The Worksheet walks you through each topic, giving explanations and covering each question in the Interview. You can spend as much time as you want/need to make your decisions.
There’s no rush – you control the pace – that’s the rule.
Step 3 - The online Interview
We built a conversational, online Interview to gather the information we need to create your documents.
1. The Interview contains brief explanations of the topics and questions (so if you want/need to, you can skip the Pre-Interview Worksheet).
2. Realizing that Will-stuff often causes anxiety, we worked hard to write a friendly and approachable Interview.
3. Schedules are perpetually packed – the Interview respects your time by asking relevant follow-up questions and skipping sections that don’t apply. (The Interview is also available 24/7, so you can do it whenever is convenient for you.)
4. Our clients are unique – and our Interview embraces that diversity. Unmarried partners, kids from previous relationships, the happily single, husband+wife+kids, and childless folks whose pets are their kids – we thought about you when creating the Interview.
We constructed a conversational, time-saving, respectful online Interview – but we’re also here to support you!
Step 4 - We create your documents
We believe nothing can replace a lawyer’s judgment.
Our law firm embraces technology wherever/whenever possible – but we reject the notion that technology can replace the judgment of licensed experts. WebMD is not a hospital – and LegalZoom is not a law firm.
We carefully create your documents according to the decisions and information you provided during the Interview. Then every document is reviewed by an attorney licensed to practice law in your state – no exceptions.
You receive the peace of mind that comes with a real lawyer reviewing your documents.
Step 5 - We send your documents
We include clear, easy-to-follow instructions for signing and storing your documents. Because here’s the bad news – until you properly sign your draft Will, you’ve got no Will. There’s no “almost” or “A for effort” in the land of Wills.
Your Will must be signed according to your state’s specific laws – so we wrote very clear, very easy-to-follow instructions that explain your state’s requirements. Those instructions are included with every Thoughtful Will (and of course we’re here to help!).
We also offer Assurance Service to provide extra convenience and peace of mind to the signing process. We print and prep things for signature and then we review your signed documents to make sure everything was done correctly.
Step 6 - Enthusiastic Help Throughout!
We intend to change the way you think about lawyers.
We’re not content to just create good documents – we support our clients throughout the entire process – happily answering questions, offering encouragement, and using plain language to make sure you understand (and if it doesn’t make sense right away, we’ll be happy to explain it again!).
Approachable lawyering is the cornerstone of our business.
Sign up for our emails! (Save some money!)
Choosing a law firm is a big deal – and legal stuff doesn’t lend itself to soundbite messaging.
We’d love to send you a few emails (once a month or so) – a chance to better explain who we are, how we work, and why these documents are important and awesome.
Plus, we run specials every so often! So if you’re eager to save some money, here’s your chance.
We are fully operational in 30 states and DC – and we’re expanding!
Because we’re an actual law firm, we grow carefully and methodically – finding wonderful lawyers and adapting our documents to mesh perfectly with the laws of each new state.